Monday, August 27, 2007

Back from my blogging hiatus...

I've tried to go cold turkey when it came to my "computer time", but when I found myself composing blog posts in my head, in the shower, while trying to go to sleep, while nursing my baby... I think that was a sign I needed a creative outlet. So, I blog again.

I think this post will be a few quick (as opposed to the "in depth" lol) thoughts I've had over the last couple of weeks, then I will write down some of the posts that have been rattling around in my head along with all that other junk and stresses and worries and to do lists and ridiculous thoughts and fears and stupid puns and that sort of rot.

I have been contemplating how I can change my life. Sounds simple, right? heh heh. I know I need to do something to change *me* and my attitude, I just don't know how. The desire is there, but the knowledge is lacking. Maybe some faith is lacking too. That could be the problem.

The problem could also be that I'm lazy, because if I'm to become the kind of person I want to be, it's going to take a lot, and I mean a LOT of work, and dang it.... I'm already so tired and worn out, I don't know if I can make it over that next hill, let alone the Mount Everest that is looming before me.

Well, I better stop there before I get all "whoa is me" and "I suck". Too late? Eh. Oh well. It's my blog. No one's forcing you to read it ;)

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I am thinking as time goes on you can take a deep breath and get where you want to be. Love love love kids, but when they are young it is so hard and draining even for supposed perfect moms. Yes, this can be used as an excuse because it's true, so give yourself some credit and a break. Love ya!!!

Julianne said...

It's great to "see" you blogging again. :) I've been thinking about you. Too bad we don't live closer because I'd be right there with you wondering what in the world I'm doing and how to change it all. I think it's just the little things. Don't look at Mt. Everest, look at each step and you won't even realize that you've gotten to the top!

Lisa said...

I have really missed you Shayla! I am always around to talk. Either through email or you can get ahold of my phone number through someone :)
I feel the same way about wanting to change but not knowing how. I wish we were born with an instruction manual.

Crysty said...

Shayla!!! I'm so glad you're back! I've been thinking about you tons! Love ya!

Teri Le said...

WB girl - I've missed ya!