Friday, February 8, 2008

Call me a BIG NERD!

C'mon...do it! I know it's true!

I'll admit it, I once went through a phase where I was totally obsessed with Acapella music. I was in choir my freshmen year at Provo High, and we saw Vocal Point perform. They are the Acapella group from BYU. Later, some of the formed Extempo. I have their tape somewhere...and I have seen them in concert maybe about 10 times. I really really wished I could be in an Acapella group someday... (this was in High School, ok!)

Count two of nerd-dom: Nintendo. Old school Nintendo. None of this wee-wee junk. It was catchy music, wicked graphics, up up down down left right left right B A B A select select start cheat codes and we loved it! I recollect many happy hours with my siblings (even my parents would play, and we'd have family tournaments!)playing Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Tetris, Contra, Rad Racer, Metriod, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, and some dumb ski game that always froze up on us, yet we continued to play it.

Combine the two, and here you have:

4 comments:

Crysty said...

F U N N Y!!!!

Julianne said...

Hilarious! I was smiling and laughing the whole time. Totally brings memories back. :) LOL!

Teri Le said...

That is seriously the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Of course, it sent me onto a 2 hour youtube tangent! lol

Unknown said...

That was freaking genius!!!!! You know I got my kids a N64 before we got our Wii ... SuperMario was like the soundtrack of our world for a couple of years. LOL!