Thursday, March 6, 2008

Deep Thoughts from Spencer H. Age 9

My husband, Eric and I got to teach Spencer's primary class last week. The lesson was on Jacob chapter 7, Sherem and Jacob.

When we started discussing Sherem telling Jacob there was no Christ, even when Jacob was telling him he knew there was, Spencer, who hadn't said much this class so far, spoke up with, "Well. It's just like eating a cheeseburger." He paused, almost like that was his complete thought, and we should understand what he meant.

Eric and I surpressed a giggle, waiting for him to continue. (For anyone who doesn't know-meaning you haven't met him, Spencer is *obsessed* with food. He's our Pavlov's dog. You mention food, cooking, Tuesday, being awake, and apparently now scripture stories...he starts to salivate! In the last 4 years or so, on three separate occasions he literally ate until...well, you can figure it out.)

I asked what he meant by that, and he either waited until he had our full intention, or until he could speak without drooling for mention of food. Spencer continues, "If I tell you there is no such thing as a cheeseburger, and you are eating a cheeseburger, so you know there *IS*, well...it's the same thing."

I am proud that my son has found a way to liken the scriptures unto him. ;)

4 comments:

Denise said...

ROFL! I LOVE it! What a corker. It makes perfect sense!

Julianne said...

LOL! That is sooo great! Love it!

Leah said...

That's a great one!

Unknown said...

There it is ... plain as the cheeseburger on your face!

Hilarious!!!