I was going to wait until I was in a sentimental state of mind and gush about our looooove etc, and I may very well redo this later, but as I lay here in bed with pneumonia, I'm quite bored and exhausted and....well, I guess I just wanted to remember how disappointing these last 2 weeks have been.
I think it all starts when you start expecting big things to happen. (Uh oh...I'm feeling the pessimist monster growling...) It's like birthdays as you get older: They start to suck. Am I right? Mother's Days, Valentine's etc. All those times when you think the real world and those everyday things are going to magically stop and everything will go not only according to plan, but huge efforts and shows of affection to go with it. Meeh. Life doesn't stop happening just because of a date on the calendar. Kids misbehave, spouses get busy/grumpy/forget, work calls, friends have their own families to deal with, people get sick, toilets clog and overflow, cars breakdown....life HAPPENS.
I keep trying to have talks with myself, like the opposite of a pep talk- a don't get your hopes up talk, before these special "days". You'd think I could listen to myself at least....bah.
So, in an effort to save this from being a total pity post, let me wax philosophical ... Life throws things at us, but it's that whole life is a journey, not a destination thing ya gotta remember. Our 10 years together certantly hasn't been perfect, why be unrealistic and expect a perfect weekend, even a day? I still love our life together, as hectic and stressful as it often is. We talked about how humor has got us through UH-LOT of stuff; we love to make fun of ourselves and it's hard to be mopey and grumpy when your spouse is making you laugh because they're doing a silly jig in the grocery store or something, ya know?
So I guess me being sick with pneumonia going on 2 weeks for Eric's spring break when we were supposed to be getting SOMETHING finished in this house(especially since my lil bro was to be working on our basement last month, but the day before he was going to start he broke both arms mountain biking), and clean up the house for that weekend my parents would stay with our kids for our anniversary getaway, is God reminding us to keep a sense of humor.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Our Ten Year Wedding Anniversary...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ROFL - for whatever reason, this is just FUNNY to me - I'd say cause I can tell how sick you are in your post! What a very realistic post! Awesome picture of you, btw - you've lost weight, huh?
Post a Comment