ROFL! You've seen this blog, Seriously, So blessed, right? Sooooo funny! Totally fake satire of 90% of the LDS blogs out there, but you might not be so sure it's fake at first...
Why do people do that? Of course I post pics & stories of my kids (Hello! It's in the mommy contract! Right there in black and white: Every mother must think their child is the most clever, adorable, amusing child ever, and proceed to share stories that illustrate said traits with any persons who will listen/be stuck in a grocery store line with you) and I might have a sugary, cavity inducing post everyone once in a great fluffy while, but EVERY post? I have a hard time reading those blogs. Guess I'm so aware of my dang short comings that I end up feeling bad when I realize I'm not "up to par"... but for crying out loud! It's only the "good stuff" they post!
I remember hearing someone say we always compare our worst self to other's best self, or their "show" self. Just because her hair and make up are perfectly applied, her clothes are darling and her kids with their shiny angelic faces sitting there in sacrament meeting with their arms folded etc on Sunday, doesn't mean she wasn't wearing sweats with day old baby spit up on them trying to unclog the toilet with 3 G.I. Joe's and 2 Barbie heads in it, while her kids fought and called each other "Poopy dog bum face" etc while the fish sticks turned a nice crispy black color on Thursday.
And just because I am a brat, and want to vent, can I say I HATE when people use "Oh, I've just been so BUSY" as an EXCUSE for not getting things done (I'm talking more specifically about things that others were counting on them for), because we are ALL BUSY in some shape or form! I don't like using that phrase because I feel like it's a cop out, even when it's 110% true. Like I said, I'm feeling bratty.
Yeah, so what if I have 6 small children under 9(3yr old twins), work part time while my husband goes to school and works and tries to finish/remodel/un-ugly our house... Nice people are ALWAYS trying to cut me a break when I have to apologize for my many short comings and flakiness (somedays my brain is truly just running on empty...maybe even just fumes), and they say, well of course! You must be SO BUSY! Ug. Don't give me excuses, lol. I can come up with plenty on my own, thankyouverymuch :) EVERYONE has STUFF they are BUSY with!
Oh that same thought, I know I've mentioned it before, but I hate when mothers put themselves down while comparing themselves to other mothers, and especially, of ALL people, me... (Hold on... gasp gasp... trying to breathe.... between guffaws of laughter...). If I have a Cherrio for everytime a mother of 1-4 etc kids has said something along the lines of: I don't know how you do it, You must be super mom, I can't handle my own 1-4 etc kids- How do you do it? Well, then I'd have my years supply of Cherrios for sure. Btw, it's infinately more hillarious when being said while a blind, deaf and dumb person could tell I'm on the verge of a supernova meltdown at the dentist office with my 6 "angels" wreaking havok as only supreme havok wreakers can. I wonder on what planet does this scene constitute "handling it". I ask what exactly she thinks I'm "doing"? It's so obvious I do NOT in any way shape or form have a handle on the situation, so I'm starting to suspect, "I don't know how you do it" has another meaning: "I don't know how you are standing upright and manage to babble semi-coherent sentances while raising demon spawn." Aww, that's not very nice. They're not demon spawn *all* the time, although I do believe a couple of them were sent here with a bonus mission of testing mommy's sanity level.
Golly, thanks for the crazy person rant, Shayla.
You're welcome, Shayla.
So in conclusion... Happy/Fun/Husband praising posts are good, but in moderation, and should be balanced by actual real life stuff. Comparing is bad. Everyone is BUSY. Shayla *is* crazy. And she talks to herself. The End.
p.s. Mama Mia is a fun movie to see with girlfriends, and not just because your husband won't go see it with you.
The end "fer realz"
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Seriously, so blessed!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
SHAYLA! Good to hear from you! And this post is awesome! ;o) I love it!
Glad your not lying in a ditch because I would miss you in Park City! Can't wait :)
ROFL!!! I didn't know you were such a good writer.
I love you!
ROFL! Rock on, Shayla!
I love love love that blog; I just recently put it on my bloglist because it makes me giggle. Perfect satire.
BTW, how do you do it? With six kids? You must be SO BUSY! Wow, I wish I could be more like you.
*snicker*
P.S. Totally agree about Mamma Mia!
Gosh, "Super Mom", you are a bit bratty today! LOL. It is about time you posted!
Post a Comment