Last night I was late to our Relief Society Birthday Party that I was asked to speak at.
I had gotten off the phone with a friend and looked at the time on the phone. It said 4:30. The meeting was at 6:30, so I thought I had plenty of time to shower. Eric had just walked in before that.
If I hadn't been on the phone I would have asked why he was home early, AND if I'd been using my brain, I would have asked my friend I was on the phone with why they were eating dinner early(she was feeding her kids as we spoke).
Eric started a bath for himself, I said, nuh uh I have to take a shower and go. All the hot water was gone (in the tub!) so I soaked in the tub waiting for enough hot water so I could wash my hair,(I can't do it in the tub...that's icky to me, lol) I was relaxing...thinking I had LOADS of time.
Eric comes down the hall, Um, Shayla, it's 6:30. I said no it isn't! (He loves to freak me out like that.) He said, oh, you're right. It's 6:38.
AURGH!!!! Darn phone didn't automatically change!
I made it to the church at 6:51. I looked like a drowned rat with my wet hair, but I'd managed to slap on some make up and shoes that matched. Thankfully dinner was first. Phew.
My talk went well, by the way...even though I'd left my notes at home!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Time Change Schmime Change!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hee hee! I hate the time change too! Glad your talk went well.
What did you have to talk about? Glad that you got there intime for that and didn't have to walk in late. THAT would be embarrassing.
BWAHHAHAAAA!! Sa-WEET! - FWIW - I can't wash my hair in the bath, either, I don't understand how ANYONE can do that!!
Post a Comment