this is what you ate today:
Breakfast: Two bites of a banana. 
No cereal because you poured the last of the milk on the kids' cereal. You start to eat a banana, but your twins see it and want "a bite? a bite?" and while looking in their cute little faces, how can you say no? You give them each a few bites, so you end up with the end chunk.
Lunch: The crust off of 2 pb & j sandwiches.
You were making 3 sandwiches, and since
your
kids will just waste the last inch near the crust anyway, it's better to cut it off so they eat more of their sandwich. Meanwhile, "starving" baby wakes up and demands *his* food and since you realize it may be many more hours before you get 2 minutes to make yourself a sandwich, you eat the crust. Crust that *you* hate. (isn't that crust cutter thingy cool?)
Snack: a handful of Whoppers.
And that is only because the carton is open and on the counter because your 4yr old was sneaking into them. When he heard Mom coming, guess where he hid them? No, he doesn't have pockets in his pants, but apparently, there is a really "neat" pocket in the front of his Batman underwear. Ewwww! Oh, and NO, I got "fresh Whoppers", thankyouverymuch.
Dinner: Cold spaghetti, corn and the heel of the garlic bread. 
Do I really need to explain why Mom, trying to feed 6 kids simultaneously is eating cold food? Hmm? Nope. Didn't think so.
Are you on the Mom Diet?
I should add the exercise regiment includes taxing several children to and from multiple schools and events, chasing toddlers in several directions at once, dashing around the house cleaning before the visting teachers or your Mother-in-law arrives, lifting and carrying a baby around all day. Unfortuneatly, this does not remove the "mommy tummy", which is ok, because my kids like me "soft and squishy". I'm more snuggly that way ;)
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
You know you're a mom when...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
BTDT, hopefully things one day will settle down where you eat a nice healthy warm dinner! lol!
Oh, I can relate!! I don't know how you do it all! It is fun life in it's own little way!! Even though it can be so frustrating!!
At least you got some Whoppers!! LOL
You'd think the Mom Diet would result in more weight loss, wouldn't you? LOL! I've become a sneaker and a hoarder. Too many times I've been making, say, waffles, and by the time I'm done cooking them, the family has eaten all the previous ones. Don't wait for mom, or anything! So I've learned to sneak the first waffle, hoard it on a plate, and set it aside; it might be all I get!
HA! LOVE IT! My mom diet has too many calories in it clearly!
Post a Comment