We had an AWESOME day yesterday! First we saw "Night at the Museum" at the dollar theater (oh wow! It was .50 cent Monday AND the twins were free!) What a fun movie! The kids loved it, the adults loved it, and even Robbie and Allie (2 yrs old) sat still and watched it all! Great family movie, for once!
Then we went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point (Lehi, UT). Another great deal: $5 a person (reg. $9.50 adult and $7.50 child, and again, the twins were free!). Every Monday night from 5-7pm they have extra Family Night activities. We were there for the Dinosaur Egg Hunt (little paper eggs hidden throughout the exhibits you turn in for a treat) and cute kids craft activities after. It's been 3-4 years since we've been there, and they have really expanded. I was so impressed, and also sorry that we hadn't been sooner.
So here's a whole bunch of pictures of our fun day!
Spencer outside the museum. There is a very cool 3D T-Rex on the other side too.
Robbie and Ethan building dino models.
Ethan and Jordan playing in the diorama room... there is a long trough that circles around the room with sand, running water, plastic dinosaurs and trees that they get to build their own land forms in.
Diorama room...The good looking guy with Robbie on his shoulders is my darling hubby, Eric. Jordan is right in front of him, Spencer and Ethan to the right. Eric's brother Jared is sitting on the left.
This Shark was SO cool! You come around a corner and it's right there! The pictures don't do it justice. Here's Spencer...
Robbie yelling, "Wun away! Wun away!"
Allie was the "smartest". When I told the kids to pretend the shark was chasing them, Allie ran away to me, lol. The boys all stood there and posed. Allie was confused. I told her she was smart and they were Shark Bait. (Ooh HA HA)
And sweet little Liam was so good in his seat/stroller the whole time.
Here Spencer is "building a dinosaur". There were different kinds of dinos with interchangeable parts. It was very hands on, the kids LOVED it.
Ethan says ROAR!!!!!!!!
Robbie and Allie looking at real live prehistoric fish.
My 5 oldest kids weigh 240 lbs. I can't remember what dinosaur that was equal too. :( (good one mom!)
End of a long day...the twins plopped themselves down on a bench to rest and I took advantage of their lull of locomotion with a cute photo.
So if you haven't been lately, or ever at all, I recommend the Museum of Ancient Life! Two claws up!
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Dino Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
It looks like so much fun! And the kids are sooooo cute!!!!
Adorable children Shayla!!!
What a greta day you all had. BEAUTIFUL KIDS... Loved the pics.
that looks so awesome Shayla, that shark was sure freaky looking.
Those kids are cuties Shayla! Loved all the pics and I love the narration too!
Now those pictures wouldn't be as cute if you didn't have such CUTE kids!!!
Awww so cute! Thank you for sharing them! We need to go there, looks like fun. I sure love Liam's smile and Allie's confused look...hee hee
Looks like it was lots of Great Fun!!!
And I LOVED all the pictures!!
Aw, they're cute! My kids love the erosion table, too. I confess, sometimes I even dip in a finger or two...shhh!
I just finally saw the preview for Night at the Museum when we rented X-Men III. I have no idea where we have been but it looks funny. I'm looking forward to checking it out!
Glad you had a great day with your family.
We are going to have to check out that museum this year! How fun!!!
Hi Shayla! I hadn't ever read your blog before, but I am so impressed! You have such a way with words that you make it hard to stop reading, even when 4 little kids and a mom really *DO* need to go get ready for church! LOL. Your kids are absolutely adorable, and my how they've grown! Love the dinosaur museum pics. Allie's confused look is hilarious - the twins are cute little partners in crime, even being the little crib/door/gate escape artists that they are! And Liam... awwwwwwww! Your 3 older boys look the same as when I lived there, just older, but just as handsome as always! I still think we need to match them up with my 3 girls! Hahaha. You are an awesome mom and you need to know that. Anyone reading your blog can see that, and you are amazingly strong even though you don't feel like it when you're under the attack of 6 mini-monsters! Hey, I saw that when I was at your house, even though you apologized for everything - you are doing a GREAT job! And I'm glad I got to read these updates on you and your family. Hang in there, you're doing wonderfully, even when life is pure chaos. Love ya! Chrysta
Post a Comment