To some sort of place for my mental breakdown.
YUP. That's what ladies in my ward thought!!!!
I was at Enrichment and several sisters asked were I went, seeing how my neighbor saw me leaving with a suitcase and the baby Friday morning, and saying my mom (my parents came to church to help Eric with the kids in sacrament, but they stayed the whole block) told them I went away for some R & R. They thought I'd finally lost it! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I really think they have been expecting it. They may even have a pool going.
When I did explain what I did, boy, were they ever JEALOUS! Especially the fact that I had 18 (-ish) friends to go with. I did explain to some that they were from my LDS mother's board...and one older lady said, "You mean from the In-ter-net? You went away with people you've never met before????" I was trying not to laugh "in her face", cuz that would be just rude! I explained how I'd known some for 8 years, and I'd met most of them already and that my hubby and I go on monthly dates with quite a few of them. She still looked wary, ROFL!!!
But Park City was so much fun...but I'm having serious withdrawals. Normal life is hard enough, but when you get to escape the sometimes tedious drudgery of motherhood/maid/chauffeur/cook etc, and have a MARVELOUS time with some of your bestest most wonderful friends anyone could ever dream up (No, older lady from Enrichment-They are not imaginary!) it's hard to come back from Nevernever Land! Seriously...people have pen pals, and *that's* not weird. Why are my wonderful Sistas any different?
They're better, actually! :)
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Guess where I went last weekend?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
LOL! Isn't it funny what a lot of people think of the in-ter-net!! I love it too when I talk about all of you, they freak and think I am crazy when in reality, I am the most sane I think and all due to my wonderful not scarey internet friends/sistas!! :)
It is hard to come home though as much as I love my family and missed them, reality comes and smacks me in the face! Hang in there my sista! {{{hugs}}}
ROFL! But I'm the one who picked you up, do I look like a jailer from the funny farm? I knew I shouldn't have worn that white lab coat.
I had a friend ask where I was going. Park City, I say. Just you and dh? No, dh is staying with the kids. Oh....so some of your friends up there from your old ward? No. My friends are from........all over.
Oh.
I didn't elaborate, rofl. I know she'd think I was a strange duck, taking off with internet friends! LOL! Now she probably thinks I'm trying to keep something secret because she wasn't invited or something. ack!
I love how the "in-ter-net" turns into a dirty word! ROFL! You're right V, they don't know how SANE it keeps us!
Yup, Denise...I do wonder what my neighbor (the Bishop's wife and *shhhh* often the ward gossip)thought when she saw us leaving. I mean, she's never seen *your* car before (She knows my friends and family's cars)You must have been some Psyc ward orderly coming to take me away, Ha Ha. Didn't know they made house calls.
That cracks me up Shayla!
Too funny! It was hard to come home, that's for sure! And have to get right back in the swing of cooking, cleaning, laundry, chauffering, money managing, etc.
I'm the same as Denise and pretty much just said it was friends from all over and left it at that. Only a couple people I told you guys were my "e"maginary friends! ROFL!
I must admit, I love saying I went away for the weekend w/ 20 of my closest friends! If I ever win a cruise - you KNOW I'm taking the sistahs!!
Post a Comment