Years ago when I was a kid and we were driving behind a, shall I put it nicely...confused driver? He switched lanes over and over, more often than not without signaling and he'd speed up and slow down. It was the middle of the day, and in "Happy Valley" Utah about 15 yrs ago so we weren't thinking he could be drunk. My Mom said, "Where ya goin?" (refering to the wayward driver) and my Dad answered for him, "I-DUH-O", as in "I don't know" (refering to his Idaho license plates.) They giggled over it and several times since then when we see an Idaho driver who seems a little lost in the agressive, me me me driving in Utah, we repeat the joke.
You probably had to be there...but it's a long standing family joke. We love to tease our extended family (my mom's parents and her brother's family) who are all from or still reside in Idaho.
Idahoians...please don't get mad, we actually liked driving in Idaho Falls 2 weeks ago way better than Utah. But that joke was just what comes to mind, almost every times I see this plate
...
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Where ya going? I-duh-O.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well "I-duh-O" sounds better that what Jared calls drivers in Utah...LOL U-tards
I can't stand dumb drivers, it one of my biggest peeves!
Must have been a 1J driver. LOL
Hmph! *flouncing away* see if I visit your blog again!
Oh yeah. I don't live there anymore. I guess I can't complain. But it is a blessed relief to drive to Idaho; you can tell when you're getting close, because suddenly the drivers are polite and stop trying to run you down in their killing machines.
I hate Utah traffic. HATE IT. But I'm happier with it now, since driving in Chicago *shudder* (read my blog)
I'll stay away from agreeing too whole heartedly on that one! Don't want to lose any of my I-DUH-friends! LOL!
Post a Comment