Their birthday was actually February 18th, but I've been a little busy (can't imagine why...)
Ah...has it been two whole years? Wow. I must admit the first 3 months I literally didn't sleep at night. Only during the day I might snag a quick nap when or if my mom came over to help. I have a hard time remembering much that went on their first year. Sleep deprivation can affect your memory, you know. All my babies have been pretty good sleepers, but when you get one baby who gets up every 2 hours, and another baby who does too, but they stagger
their wake up time so one baby is awake every hour...that can drive you nuts! And I literally would be nursing a baby every hour. I also vaguely remember lots of diapers, bottles, laundry and questions.
People in the store LOVE to stop you and ask questions when they see you with two infant seats. Some day I will list all the silly questions I got, and my silly answers. A lady in Target once told me not to worry, it won't last forever. Once they're out of infant seats it won't be as noticeable that they're twins. She had 3 yr old twins. I said, "Oh, so you survived the first year then?". That was what I worried about alot, lol.
Now I sort of miss people asking about my twins, but some think I'm just a crazy person with kids very very close in age. If I get a comment about it, I make a point to mention they are actually twins. I don't know why I feel I have to clarify that. I also don't like being told that I must be some amazing supermom to "handle" twins (and all my kids). I tell them my ability to produce many children, including two at once does *not* give me instant celeb status in Mommyworld. 
But on the other hand; it's been hard sometimes, lots more work, and sometimes, I need just that little ego boost that says, "You got to be a part of something special". These twins, Allison Ivy and Robert Kenneth, are, truly special. Not that they're favored over our other children, but they're different. Our home is such a fun and happy place, largely due to them. Sure, it was pretty hard getting them here with all three of us intact(well, I came out of the pregnancy minus
one appendix), but with great trials come great blessings. And wow, is our cup running over with blessings!
So, Happy Birthday Robbie and Allie! I love you more than you will know...(until you have your own children ;) Maybe a matched set in there? That would teach you! lol)
Life wouldn't be the same without you, Little Princess and Handsome Rob!!!!!!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Thursday, February 22, 2007
Double Trouble and Double Blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your Angel Twins! :)
Aw Shayla, I loved reading that and seeing the cute pics of your beautiful twins. You're doing great as a mama to 6.
Oh - don't you miss them already?! Now that they're grown & out of the house?!
What CUTE CUTE CUTE baby pictures! It's really gone by pretty fast for me! I remember you posting belly pictures!!! Wasn't that a few weeks ago? LOL!
Those sweeties are so cute, my 12-yr-old boy was actually oohing and ahing over my shoulder! I love the little papoose bundles in the hospital. Happy belated bdays to them both!
Awwww! It's called Twin Memory Loss, kind of like short term memory, or long term, but it can last any amount of time. I don't know any twin moms that have clear memories of the first few months. Happy Birthday Allie and Robbie!
Oh they are just so adorable. But what can I say... look at their mum!
I can't believe how quickly they grew! They are both ADORABLE!!!!
What cuties! Loved reading about them too!
I must be hormonal, coz I got all teary while reading that. Oh where has that time gone? You are doing a good job Shayla, don't let anyone tell you different.
Post a Comment