Where is this child's off switch? When does he stop for air? Will he EVER run out of things to say?
Ethan is 4 and talks NONSTOP. My 6 1/2 yr old can be quite the talker, but he can't hold a candle to Chatty Cathy, or just Cathy as my hubby refers to him. Probably because it takes to long to say Chatty and Cathy, and by then he's off rambling again.
The other day I was feeding him chewy dried mangos (yum! From Costco) just to keep him from talking. I mean seriously. He was singing songs he'd made up and talking inbetween them for a good 20 minutes straight without a pause. I told him to come to me (I was nursing baby Liam on the couch...otherwise I would have run screaming from the room a good while ago), and I stuck a mango slice in his mouth. He started telling me thanks, but I said, "Uh uh. Don't talk with your mouth full!" When he was done with that and started to talk again I stuck another in his mouth. He giggled...thought it was funny. I thought I was losing my mind! I must have fed him 1/4 of that huge bag.
Today, as soon as he got home from preschool
(they had their Valentine's Day Party today) he listed every single thing they did in the last 2 hours. Play by play...in real time. This meant it would be a good long 2 hours before he stopped.
(they had their Valentine's Day Party today) he listed every single thing they did in the last 2 hours. Play by play...in real time. This meant it would be a good long 2 hours before he stopped.Have you seen that Volvo (I think) commercial when the little girl is talking to her dad and she doesn't stop, even though he's buckled her in the backseat and he's trying to close the door, but she won't stop talking? That is sooo my child. He doesn't even care if you get up and leave the room while he's narrating. I know that sounds mean, but it does not phase him! I can hear him still talking in the other room. Eventually, he'll find me, but he doesn't restart his story (Oh, thank goodness for that!), he just carries on with his epic about nothing and everything.
*sigh* I love that little chatter box, but he doesn't even stop telling me about Megaman's super macho power bombs while I scream into my pillow. He just pats me on the back when I come up for air and explains how Machoman uses his super mega bombs to go "pichu pichu chu!" and crash into Bombman's power supers and can we have macaroni and cheese for dinner, the kind he likes, not the other kind and it can't have the curls, but he likes the yellow sauce and Spiderman is cool cuz he shoots webs, "Chu chu chu" like this and why are there freckles on your face, Mom?
All Hail the king of runon sentances!!!
Picture is of Ethan (4 years) and Liam (1 month).


7 comments:
LOL! Oh, I have one of those too! I tune him out only to realize he's still talking when I come back in the room. He'll be talking to one of the kids(or me I guess) and then the kids will come back in the room too, "Who are you talking to?" He doesn't even remember WHO he was talking to. LOL His teacher said he has diarrhea of the mouth. lol
Do you think they make a special Pepto for that?
Bwahahahaaa!! This was a delightful read at your expense Shayla :P
Hee hee! Someday you'll look back at this and just smile. I do love the volvo commercial...lol
All I can say is they are a bunch of cuties!!!
Happy Valentines Day, Shayla!
I hope it's a great day!
But Shayla dear ... he is so CUTE!
Hilarious post ...
Ha! When he's 400 pounds, but nice and quiet, you might regret your method! rofl! I tune out my chatty one, too. It's a survival skill!
Post a Comment