All that "Ooh, Pain feels good" crap....yeah. nevermind. I've been reduced to sliding down my stairs on said kicked butt.
When I got up yesterday morning, I thought, wow, I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be! This is great (and that's about when I posted last). Dh said, well, really you're going to be sore about 24 hours after the workout. Oh. Hmm.
So all day it got progressively worse. It's my quads that are KILLING me. I *had* to wear heels to work because that helped shorten my muscles I guess and gave me a little relief. When I had to climb up and down the stairs at work a couple times I was *determined* not to look like a big doof because I couldn't walk. It was hard! I was relieved to hear young (teens and kids) black belts hurting too. I was afraid I'd just be the old newbie hobbleing around while the others were doing backflips or something.
But going to Wal-mart at, Oh...24 hours after the last nights kickboxing seminar... I was a sad shuffleing mama. You should have seen me trying to get applesauce from the bottom shelf in the very back. I was like Bambi with stiff straight legs trying to get off the ice, only in reverse. I even called home and woke up my poor sleeing dh at 11:45pm to come out to the car and help me bring in all the groceries, otherwise I would have melted frozen corn and all kinds of other ruined food because I would only be carrying groceries in for the first trip up the stairs into the house. Going down stairs is what really floors me, nearly literally.
Ok. Whine over. I just wanted to be realistic and not have everyone falsely think I'm all that or something. It's gonna a whole lot longer than one night ;)
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Ok....scratch that. I have had MY BUTT KICKED!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL - Okay - I wont say anything about how I love sore muscles - but how come you didn't mention anything about how painful it is to sit on the pot? LOL!
Hee. I've been there. Not often, because that would mean I actually got off my butt, but yeah, I know that pain. I think that's good cause for staying in bed with a good book!
Post a Comment