Thursday, November 29, 2007

Marriage Questionaire

Stolen from Denise who stole it from someone else...

How long have you been married? 10 years in March.

How long did you date for? 2 and 1/2 weeks before we were engaged, and a total of about 3 and a half months before we were married.

How old are you? 27 until Sunday

Who eats more? He does...unless it's sweets/chocolate, but I've been a good girl lately.

Who said I love you first? Don't know...probably him, the old romantic sweetie that he is.

Who is taller? He is. (6'2" to my 5'8")

Who sings better? I think I can carry a tune better and have better rhythm(vocally, not dancing. Don't ask me to dance.), but he has a nice voice.

Who is smarter? Hmmm...depends on the subject. But I think we're both pretty smart, on occasion. ;) And I will TOTALLY give him Math. But I get English(that's pretty sad...haven't you been reading my blog?).

Who has a worse temper? I have red hair and periods. What else can I say? But he does have his "time of the month" moments too.

Who does the laundry and the dishes? I do the most, but he is no slouch and will do a load or two quite often.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. It's closer to the bathroom. I have spent many many years of our marriage pregnant. (sick and later on with the baby-trampoline bladder.)

Who pays the bills? Gotta quote Denise, "I pay them, with his money."

Who mows the lawn? Again, gotta agree with Denise, although we don't have a riding lawnmower, I know he'd love one. But yes, I refuse to do it because it will become my job too, same as the garbage. At least I managed to avoid being the main garbage taker-outer for about the first 7 years.

Who cooks dinner? Usually him. I'll go through stages when I'll plan meals several days in advance and actually buy the food beforehand. But then we go back to my genius chef hubby whipping something together out of what I thought was nothing...and it's delish. He's too good at it, so I *let* him... He fell for that "don't mow the lawn/take out the garbage" thing. Too many years of me being sickly prego (be near food? Barf. Smell food? Barf. Think about food? Barf.) And when he'd get home from work it was usually dinner time and he had two choices: a) start or finish up dinner or b) take care of the rugrats while I do dinner. He usually picked "a" because it was "easier".

Who drives when you are together? He does if I have to put my make up on in the car, or he gets there first (out of habit), or until my backseat driving bugs him and he let's me drive home. It's just easier (and more peaceful) for both of us if I drive. I have anxiety attacks riding with him driving when we're in a hurry! He's like an old person in the fast lane. AURGH!

Who is more stubborn? We're both pretty stubborn (see "red head"), but I think I am more apt to compromise.

Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Him, because I'm never wrong. ha ha...actually I think I do slightly more. Mostly because I have foot-in-mouth syndrome, and have to keep apologizing.

Whose parents do you see more? Mine, because they're 7 minutes away and they babysit sometimes. His mom is only 30 min away, but her health isn't so good, so she doesn't come down and we're always so busy we don't make it up enough. Plus she talks SOOOOOO MUCH. (shhhh! I still love her!)

Who proposed? He did. On Christmas Day 10 years ago.

Who is more sensitive? Depends on the subject. We can both be way overly sensitive about certain things if it's poked at the wrong time.

Who has more friends? I do, he doesn't believe in friends, lol. But he really likes (most) of my friends, and their dhs too.

Who has more siblings? He has 7 (6 living)-he's #6 of 8, I have 3-I'm the oldest.

Who wears the pants in the family? We share :) It's more fun that way. They are surprisingly roomy. But I also like that thought, "Do you want to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows what's going on?"

2 comments:

Julianne said...

I LOVE that last quote. What a fun post. I'll have to "steal" it. :)

Heidi said...

ROFL! Red hair & periods!!! miss ya - love the avatar picture - you look like you're withering away!